Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installing office 2019 on Mac OS high Sierra 10.13.6

I bought a second hand Mac(2011)just for research purposes and was looking to install office 2019 in it. I managed to purchase a one time subscription with license key however it does not allow me to continue and prompting a newer version of 10.14 or higher. Can somebody tell me if this is still possible or not? I know that Microsoft already ended support for this model but I should be able to install it. It does not allow me to update my Mac either.

thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 10:47 AM

You may also want to consider adding Windows to your Mac, or using Office 365 website to open and edit the documents.

Otherwise your formatting may not be consistent with people using Office. Even the website has some differences, but they aren't as great as third party solutions.

4 replies

Jul 20, 2021 10:40 AM in response to neileve

Hello, neileve.

The newest macOS version that a 2011 iMac can run is 10.13.6 High Sierra. There is no OS upgrade beyond that.

If the version of Office that you purchased requires 10.14 Mojave or newer then you're out of luck with that machine.

Since you cannot upgrade your Mac you might consider replacing your office applications with other apps like Apple’s own (free) Pages, Numbers and Keynote.  Also consider LibreOffice as a replacement.

Jul 20, 2021 10:47 AM in response to neileve

About the Mac, unfortunately 2011 Macs can't be upgraded to a newer OS. High Sierra is the last one available for it.

About Office, MS decided to offer support only for the last 3 versions of macOS https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-2019-for-windows-and-mac-faq-a8fed43d-4c11-404a-acc3-09eb46a3a7fb. Once a new macOS is available, the third previous one gets dropped. I believe it's a very wrong move from MS and they could offer support without big technical difficulties, but it is what it is, that's their call.

You can try MS Support to see if there's any workaround.

installing office 2019 on Mac OS high Sierra 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.