Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom ringtone made on iMac doesn't import to iPhone

I made a custom ringtone on my M1 iMac macOs 11.4, but i haven't been able to download it to my ringtone library on my iPhone XS iOS 14.6. I converted a 20 sec. clip of a song in my Music library from .m4a to .m4r. Nothing I have tried seems to add it to my ringtone library on the iPhone. The various tutorials on the web haven't been helpful. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 4:14 PM

6 replies

Jul 21, 2021 8:36 AM in response to i2

Thanks for the reply. I followed a method that is described on web by several posters. It starts with selecting Get Info on the original song in Music and adjusting the clip time under options to less than 30 seconds. This created an AAC .m4a version. I changed the .m4a to .m4r. This didn't import to my iPhone Ringtones. At your suggestion I tried using Quicktime Player by following methods I found in on-line posts. This didn't work either. Is it necessary to sync my iMac Music to iPhone for this to work. Maybe these procedures aren't accurate for newer iPhone software versions.

Custom ringtone made on iMac doesn't import to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.