Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone please help me understand what I did with my video files?

Hi, I record video lessons for my website.

The first video lessons were made with QT screen capture with a little video of me in the corner. They were huge .mov files, but somehow I managed to shrink them.

For example, the first was a 13GB .mov file, but the version of it I uploaded onto my website is a 119MB 55-minute .mp4 video at 720 resolution.

I remember I had issues with the audio not being in sync after exporting it from iMovie.

I also remember using some app with a sheep (possibly?) that someone suggested here where I could select... something. Compression rate... I don't remember.

Now I just finished recording a second batch of videos. This time I took the video and audio of me with my phone, and the screen capture with Quicktime. When I export the video from iMovie the audio is synced, but I ended up with a 1.25GB 15-minute .mp4 video at 720 rez.

I was hoping I could upload 1080p videos given the quality of most videos nowadays, but they are just huge. On my website, I can only upload zip files of up to 1000MB.

Now I resaved a video at low quality 720 and it's still 637MB for 19 minutes. Plus the text on the PDF is fuzzy.

How was I able to get a 55-min .mp4 video at 119MB?

Thanks,

Sergio

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 12:11 AM

To get the smallest possible file size in iMovie when exporting select Quality>Custom and drag the slider all the way to the left to select the lowest Mbps.

I would add that a 55 minute video of 119MB would be extremely poor quality and probably unplayable.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can someone please help me understand what I did with my video files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.