Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am sending in my iphone 11 for repair. (free of charge) Can I sync my old iphone 6 to have all of the apps and account settings copied do that I can use the iphone 6 for the time being until my repaired handset has been returned to me?

I am sending in my iphone 11 for repair. (free of charge) Can I sync my old iphone 6 to have all of the apps and account settings copied do that I can use the iphone 6 for the time being until my repaired handset has been returned to me?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 7:59 AM

Uh, probably. The thing is an iPhone 6 can only run iOS 12 and your iPhone 11 probably had iOS 14 on it. Things such as Contacts will probably sync without issue, but if you have an app that opened a file with a newer version of the app on your iPhone 11 and you can only run an older version of the app on the iPhone 6 then the file may not open. It will really depend upon the app and the data files you are using. Some don't really use data files or even settings and you'll just see interface differences.

You may also find that an iOS 12 version of some apps is no longer available.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 7:59 AM in response to niels-uk

Uh, probably. The thing is an iPhone 6 can only run iOS 12 and your iPhone 11 probably had iOS 14 on it. Things such as Contacts will probably sync without issue, but if you have an app that opened a file with a newer version of the app on your iPhone 11 and you can only run an older version of the app on the iPhone 6 then the file may not open. It will really depend upon the app and the data files you are using. Some don't really use data files or even settings and you'll just see interface differences.

You may also find that an iOS 12 version of some apps is no longer available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.