Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain on iOS 14.7, again.

So I bought an iPhone 12 Pro back in October, this was my first iPhone and I was pretty excited about it. I expected a lot from it. In the initial iOS versions, the battery life was perfect, I easily got 8-10 hours of battery life and I was happy with it. Ever since iOS 14.5 was released, my battery life has been terrific, I only got 4-5 hours of battery life every day since then. I don't do any sort of gaming on my iPhone. I only use social media most of the time. It's almost been 2 months now. iOS 14.5 was released on April 27 if I am not mistaken. It will be 3 months of bad battery life when August starts. Apple, please fix this. you have released 3 versions and still not improvement in battery life. iOS 14.5.1, 14.6 and now 14.7. Still no improvements. I am very disappointed.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 8:31 AM

iPhone 11 and later models, battery performance --> About the battery and performance of iPhone 11 and later

11 replies

Jul 23, 2021 9:52 AM in response to Abhinv

I don’t have heating issues, but both my 5th Generation 12.9” iPad Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max drain rapidly, with the Battery section showing Music and/or Find My as the main reason. A reboot usually fixes the problem for a few hours, then the rapid battery drain resumes out of the blue, while the device is idle.

Jul 24, 2021 1:57 AM in response to rouhaan

ok but my concern is mostly battery life and heating issue . if ios 14.7 not fixed battery drain and heating issue and it still in ios 14.7? and not the same battery life like ios 14.3 or better battery life than previous versions. if i found battery drain and heating issue after update 14.7 then its frustating like 14.6

Aug 16, 2021 10:56 PM in response to rouhaan

Dear Apple tech. Support

Please consider my review: I have 2 devices: 11 pro max and 12.9 iPad pro gen.3

After updating my iPad to version 14.7 i need to charge my iPad at night and then up to 2 times during a day;

before i could go through the day just with a night charge on my iPad. I never had such a terrible battery life on this model since i purchased it back in 2018. Please make some fixing update.

Knowing this fact i switched automatical update on my 11 pro max; Currently on 14.6 and have no issues at all.

Battery life is critical for me on both devices, Thanks.

Battery drain on iOS 14.7, again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.