Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noises coming from earpiece speaker

My iPhone 11 Pro max is making weird static, ticking, crackling noises coming from the earpiece speaker. This happens when I’m using my phone, typing, on a call, or even just scrolling on my Amazon app. Is there anything I can do from home to remedy this? If it makes any difference I got a notification recently saying that my headphone usage had been up too high but I only connect it to my car usually.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 8:24 AM

If you have a distorted Sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad

If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...

If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support

If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this--> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 8:24 AM in response to LittleCiara

If you have a distorted Sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad

If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...

If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support

If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this--> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

Noises coming from earpiece speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.