Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen Swipe Guide removal

Are there any steps to removing screen swipe guide?

What ipad pro 12.9 model version does not have?

Thank You

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 11:39 AM

The 2016 would not have had the guide because the guide only appeared on the Face ID enabled devices. Face ID did not come out until the iPhone X, which was released in 2017. then the first iPad with it was 2020 iPad Pros. That guide is to help you know where to swipe up from to open the iPad with your Face ID. There is no way to turn it off.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 11:39 AM in response to 4b1randman

The 2016 would not have had the guide because the guide only appeared on the Face ID enabled devices. Face ID did not come out until the iPhone X, which was released in 2017. then the first iPad with it was 2020 iPad Pros. That guide is to help you know where to swipe up from to open the iPad with your Face ID. There is no way to turn it off.

Jul 21, 2021 11:58 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Actually, these swipe indicators appeared in the 2018 iPad Pro models and, in fact, these swipe indicators became part of the early release of iPadOS 14.

I had both of these swipe indicator lines/markers show on my older 2015/2016 iPad Pro models.

Apple removed these swipe indicator lines/markers in later iPadOS 14 versions, either iPadOS 14.3 or 14.4, for many iPad models.

I was not aware that Apple retained the bottom one on versions of iPadOS 14 for the newer iPad Pro models with FaceID.

I assumed All the swipe indicator lines/markers were removed, by Apple during an iPadOS 14.3/14.4 release, across all iPad models, once users got used to using these new swipe gestures to invoke certain iPadOS features.

Anyways, ridiculous reason to return a new a very power M1 iPad Pro model.

Jul 21, 2021 12:03 PM in response to MichelPM

No, it seems the only one that disappears is the one by the battery percentage. It will only remain for a short period of time while you get used to access Control Center from there, but the bottom one remains.

I agree that taking it back for something that minor is strange. I don't even notice anymore unless I look very close. Certainly would not use that as an excuse to return one.

Jul 21, 2021 12:22 PM in response to MichelPM

I was broken hearted waited 6 months. Images were so sweet had in my hands . It killed me to return.

even future proofed for software updates. 1tb 16 gig

Had a good size project in progress. stalled at moment rethink.

I mainly use procreate to for images and persistent line agitated to no end, streaming movies, there it is drove me nuts.

40 years been making and selling art and still do. randyaddy.art Art in public / Gallery / Private

Yea so a big line on my screen impacts my workflow. unacceptable.

I asked for a workaround told it was root.

what ya gona do? first thought wait for new macbook pro see what happens.

thnx for input do appreciate

screen Swipe Guide removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.