Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 battery life

Hi.

I have an Apple Watch series 6 bought new im May and today I checked the battery life and it’s 99% in only 2 months? I only use the charger that came on the box and a apple wall charger. Is it normal lose life so fast?

kind regards

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 11:42 AM

8 replies

Jul 21, 2021 11:56 AM in response to Nano76

Batteries are consumable products. As batteries age, they lose battery health. Going down 1 or 2% per month if you are using and charging the device daily is not a problem. People get too tied up in looking at battery health. I tell you that you do not really need to look at it until you start experiencing a problem with the battery holding a charge.

Jul 21, 2021 12:02 PM in response to Katana-San

Hi :)

I understand that and I usually charge the watch 2 in 2 nights but I think that it’s a little early for a battery decrease 1% in 2 months. Normally it just get notifications and fitness when walking. My worries is if I get a unit with a defective battery. Because I would want to have it at least for 2 years.

Jul 21, 2021 12:26 PM in response to Nano76

Why would you have to have a defective device for 2 years? If you have a defective device and it is a manufacturing or other Apple problem, they replace it under warranty. However, as far as batteries are concerned, Apple does not identify a problem unless the battery gets to 80% or below by the end of the first year.

If you are not experiencing a problem with charging the battery, I wouldn't look at battery health until close to the end of the first year. Don't look and it won't bother you. The Watch will tell you if it is having battery issues by not holding a good charge.

Jul 21, 2021 11:56 AM in response to Nano76

I shouldn't worry about 1%,when your battery health goes down to 80% it is recommended to replace the battery so your a very long way from that.

Apple Watch 6 battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.