Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life

Hello I have a question about the battery life of an Apple Watch SE. I just bought the watch about a week ago and the battery drains quickly. Is this normal? I charged it yesterday and it’s already at 60 %. Thank you!

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 8:20 AM

The batteries in Apple Watch are very small in comparison to an iPhone battery. If you charged your watch yesterday and its still at 60% today, that's pretty amazing actually. It all depends on what you do on your watch. Things like downloading email messages, streaming music, reading and responding to text messages and of course making and receiving phone calls will all use the battery faster.

See how Apple measured the performance of batteries in Apple Watch. Scan to the section on Apple Watch SE --> https://www.apple.com/watch/battery/

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Elkaholic2020

The batteries in Apple Watch are very small in comparison to an iPhone battery. If you charged your watch yesterday and its still at 60% today, that's pretty amazing actually. It all depends on what you do on your watch. Things like downloading email messages, streaming music, reading and responding to text messages and of course making and receiving phone calls will all use the battery faster.

See how Apple measured the performance of batteries in Apple Watch. Scan to the section on Apple Watch SE --> https://www.apple.com/watch/battery/

Nov 14, 2021 8:36 AM in response to Elkaholic2020

Elkaholic2020 wrote:

This is good to know! I wont worry about how often I need to charge it then! Thank you for your response lobsterghost1!

You're welcome. My recommendation would be to put your watch on its charger at bedtime and leave it charging all night long, every night with Optimized Battery Charging turned on in settings on your watch > battery > battery health > optimized battery charging

Battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.