You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account not authenticated

I recently changed my Outlook password via my laptop and obtained a passcode to up date the password on my Iphone but I cannot enter the app password on my Ipad as it says "Account not authenticated" I have tried turning off the 2 factor authenticator and then turning it back on which then gives me a new password but I still cannot enter this on the Ipad. Does anyone know how get my Outlook email account authenticated to allow me to enter the passcode.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 10:50 PM

Hi,

I changed my password through my PC and now i cannot change the password on my Iphone. I deleted the account and try to add it again a pop-up message " unable to verify account information", noting that a have already the Authenticator app on my mobile (used for another account) not related to outlook email.

in addition i loosed some of my contacts

any idea to solve this problem?

thank you,

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2021 10:50 PM in response to c_luc9

Hi,

I changed my password through my PC and now i cannot change the password on my Iphone. I deleted the account and try to add it again a pop-up message " unable to verify account information", noting that a have already the Authenticator app on my mobile (used for another account) not related to outlook email.

in addition i loosed some of my contacts

any idea to solve this problem?

thank you,

Jul 22, 2021 10:51 AM in response to TBain1

Hello TBain1,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about how to sign in to your Ooutlook account on your iPad, we're happy to help by looking into this more! 

If you're having authentication issues, this may be do to the security on your Outlook account, this site may be able to help:

Microsoft Authenticator – Securely Access & Manage Your Online Accounts

If you still need help, reach out to Microsoft directly.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Account not authenticated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.