Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app in Big Sur does not display the date column the Mail mailboxes

How to add a new column in the register or mailbox list. Like date and or time received.

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 3:37 PM

3 replies

Jul 21, 2021 4:10 PM in response to 1butterfly1

I did as suggested but it only worked in the smart mailboxes. (see attached new screenshot.). I was able to select Sort by date but the date column does not appear. With High Sierra you could display the date column. Even in the All Mail box folder you can filter by mailbox and you can only sort the individual mailbox folder by date but to display the date received. I am used tossing it the other way and found it easier to sort for mail receive. Thanks for your help. I appreciate the information. Fran

Jul 21, 2021 4:32 PM in response to 1butterfly1

In the mailbox views where date and time do not display, you may have to resize the Message Viewer window a bit wider to see those columns.

When they are in view then click and drag that little divider pipe in the header toward the left to resize the columns so they remain visible when you again resize to a smaller overall Message Viewer window.

Mail app in Big Sur does not display the date column the Mail mailboxes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.