Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regarding a Mac mini and two Thunderbolt displays

I have a 2020 Mac mini with the M1 chip and two Apple Thunderbolt displays, each with a dedicated Thunderbolt 1 cable (male). Can I connect the two displays to the Mac mini using the two USB-C ports if I have the Thunderbolt adapters or it is necessary to utilize HDMI port to connect to the second display? Can they be daisy chained as an option?

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 6:01 PM

It happens that I do have 2 Apple Thunderbolt displays and M1 Mac Mini.

To make it short - no, 2 Apple Thunderbolt displays can not be simultaneously connected to M1 Mac Mini (daisy chain ..etc methods). ps - you will only need one Thunderbolt 3 (male) to Thunderbolt 2 (female) adapter.

The only 2 displays can be offered currently - 1 thunderbolt and 1 HDMI on M1 Mac Mini. Apple Thunderbolt display will not work via HDMI path, only via Thunderbolt port.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 6:01 PM in response to MacWindsor11Ty7

It happens that I do have 2 Apple Thunderbolt displays and M1 Mac Mini.

To make it short - no, 2 Apple Thunderbolt displays can not be simultaneously connected to M1 Mac Mini (daisy chain ..etc methods). ps - you will only need one Thunderbolt 3 (male) to Thunderbolt 2 (female) adapter.

The only 2 displays can be offered currently - 1 thunderbolt and 1 HDMI on M1 Mac Mini. Apple Thunderbolt display will not work via HDMI path, only via Thunderbolt port.

Regarding a Mac mini and two Thunderbolt displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.