Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect 2 Studio Displays to a Mac Mini

Can I connect two 27“ Studio Displays (2022) to a M1 Mac Mini (2021) by daisy chaining them or do I need two thunderbolt connections (on from each display)? Then all thunderbolt ports of the Mac Mini would be blocked by running the displays.

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 8:08 AM

You can't, the M1 Mac Mini only supports one display on a Thunderbolt 3/USB-C port and one display on the HDMI port.

see > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 10, 2022 5:44 AM in response to hcsitas

hcsitas wrote:

+1 to @den.thed, also the Studio Display can’t be daisy-chained, needs dedicated Thunderbolt.

A big drawback in my opinion when one considers the original TB display had a pass through. And even sillier was to make the port only Thunderbolt 3 instead of Thunderbolt 4/USB4 when that is the direction industry is moving!

With TB4/USB4, they could have had 3 TB4/USB4 ports which would be much more versatile.

How to connect 2 Studio Displays to a Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.