Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add facebook events to calendar in ios14.7

I used to be able to right click on an event I was attending in the facebook app and "add to calendar". That option now doesn't appear. The only work around I can find is to export each event and email it to myself. I've tried updating software, installing/reinstalling the app etc. My partner DOES have this option in his (newer) phone.

I can't see anywhere to check the default calendar for facebook in case it's a sync issue with my phone.

I feel like there should be an option to tell the facebook app to sync to (one of) my calendars but that isn't possible either.

I've tried using desktop sites as well, on my phone and Chromebook.

Is there anything else to try!?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 2:18 AM

Thanks for this. Isn’t this creating an event; I want to add events I am attending which are listed on Facebook to my own iPhone calendar?

Will try to add a photo showing where the “add to calendar” option normally shows…

10 replies

Sep 28, 2021 5:38 PM in response to Rosieblue999

I had the same issue on my iPhone 12. My iPhone is new but I have an iPad and MacBook I’ve been using for years. My iPhone is the most recent login to Facebook so I was able to add the event to calendar via my iPad but not my iPhone. When I added the event to calendar on my iPad, a messaged popped up asking Facebook for permission to access calendar. Hopefully this will allow me to add future events.

Nov 5, 2021 6:51 AM in response to Jbbolton

I think the issue is on the Facebook app side more than iOS side, there was one app update in August that got it working again for me but then next update broke. Strangely all this time it has remained working ok on iPad, just broken on iPhone, so if you have an iPad you can add events to calendar there, that’s what I’ve been doing as a workaround. Keep hoping every Facebook app update will fix it

Add facebook events to calendar in ios14.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.