Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do not disturb

in the do not disturb mode there are only two options : Silence: Always and While iphone is locked. there needs to be a third NEVER SILENCED unless Do NOt Disturb is on... My phone wont ring when locked. But there is no way to get it to ring. Help

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 9:17 AM

hhhhhhhhhhhh34 wrote:

in the do not disturb mode there are only two options : Silence: Always and While iphone is locked. there needs to be a third NEVER SILENCED unless Do NOt Disturb is on... My phone wont ring when locked. But there is no way to get it to ring. Help

No, there doesn't need to be a third option. If DND is turned off, neither of those options have any effect. If DND is turned off and your phone is not ringing the problem is something else. Check that the mute switch is not enabled. Make sure that Settings>Phone>Silence Unknown Callers is turned off. Check your volum.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 9:17 AM in response to hhhhhhhhhhhh34

hhhhhhhhhhhh34 wrote:

No, there doesn't need to be a third option. If DND is turned off, neither of those options have any effect. If DND is turned off and your phone is not ringing the problem is something else. Check that the mute switch is not enabled. Make sure that Settings>Phone>Silence Unknown Callers is turned off. Check your volum.

do not disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.