Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 14.X and Mojave Issues

I saw a popup on one of my financial pages noting that I should upgrade my browser to take full advantage of certain features. Did a little research, found that my original Mojave browser was I think 12.X and a 14.X was available. So I downloaded Safari 14.1.2 and installed it. It kinda works, but dozens of websites, forums and whatever cannot be accessed any longer. Is 14.1.2 that buggy? Was I supposed to also install the security updates?

I'm kinda screwed right now because I don't want to install Catalina or anything newer. I'm perfectly happy with Mojave and it allows me to use my full suite of Adobe CS6 applications. So do I have to re-install Mojave and reinstall Adobe CS6 to get a working browser? What is ironic is that I tried downloading and running Chrome... but the same problems popped up.

Any suggestions?

Mike/MASS

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:26 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 23, 2021 11:53 AM in response to LightningMike

Greetings Mike/MASS, 

We understand that after installing a Safari update, you’re not able to access some websites. 

You mentioned some security updates. If you are seeing those in System Preferences > Software Update, let’s do install them. With any update, be sure to create a backup. How to back up your Mac 

What happens when you attempt to access one of these websites? Is there any type of error message? 

Thanks.

Safari 14.X and Mojave Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.