Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone Camera not working, and I can't use Face ID.

I’ve had this problem for the past few weeks. First, I couldn’t unlock my phone because it said Face ID not available every time I tried to use it (even though that feature was working fine before). Yesterday the camera and flashlight randomly started functioning again & today they stopped too! If you've ever had a problem, Please let me know how to fix it.

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 4:15 PM

Honestly, it's probably a hardware issue if both Face ID and the camera aren't working.

Does it occur in all apps? Does the rear camera work? Are you up-to-date with your iOS software (iOS 14.7 just released)?

I'd personally take the phone in to an Apple store or one of their authorized repair centers to have it looked at.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 4:15 PM in response to sanwalh

Honestly, it's probably a hardware issue if both Face ID and the camera aren't working.

Does it occur in all apps? Does the rear camera work? Are you up-to-date with your iOS software (iOS 14.7 just released)?

I'd personally take the phone in to an Apple store or one of their authorized repair centers to have it looked at.

My iPhone Camera not working, and I can't use Face ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.