Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software - Disabled Software - com.displaylink.DisplayLinkDriver - No User Consent

This is not showing up in System Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> General as an error message at all. So how do I give user consent for both:

com.displaylink.DisplayLinkDriver and com.displaylink.driver.DisplayLinkDriver?

I've run the displayLink uninstall, and re-installed ... but it makes no difference. AND I don't get any warnings either during the installation script, or in Privacy & Security that there's any issue. I only discovered this digging into Apple ->About This Mac -> System Report -> Software -> Disabled Software and found these two drivers not installed.

I'm running Mac Book Pro, Big Sur and since the system update from High Sierra to Big Sur my DisplayLink driver no longer works. :-(

--Mary

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 5:19 PM

Mary, you'd need an update for DisplayLinkDriver...

DisplayLink Manager Graphics Connectivity

macOS (displaylink.com)

macOS 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15: Video functionality not enabled – DisplayLink Support

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 23, 2021 7:23 AM in response to mslark56

I have the latest update on the DisplayLink driver. When installing it fails without warning about Security & Privacy because app is not from app store or an apple developer.

The question is how to approve the two drivers so that the installation can proceed.

You can do this if the failure hits Security & Privacy properly such that you can approve the install. But with no failure message it just lands in the Software -> Disabled software category of System Reports.

Jul 23, 2021 7:37 AM in response to PRP_53

According to Siig, I need to download the most recent drive -- which I have. They know that there's an issue -- but I cannot get ahold of them in a timely fashion.

The issue they report is sometimes this installation is not reported as failed due to Security & Privacy reasons -- and doesn't appear in the Security & Privacy/General section to give the user an option to manually approve the installation.

There are some tweaks you can do to approve the installation -- I've done them before -- but I've forgotten how you do this.

So the bottom line here is my original question stands, and an answer to your reply -- this driver does work, and it is the most current driver ... I just need an answer to my original question.

Jul 29, 2021 12:19 PM in response to mslark56

I'm having the same issue but on Catalina. If yours gets resolved, please be sure to post here. I'll do the same. Also, thanks for posting this in the first place.

FYI, I've uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled the latest 1.4 software several times on Catalina 10.15.7. It works fine til I reboot (even sometimes after a few reboots). I've spent several hours trying everything on the DisplayLink site, which isn't very easy to follow. Our best bet might be waiting for DisplayLink's next release.

Aug 11, 2021 5:58 AM in response to mslark56

I had a similar issue after upgrading my MacBook (15"-2016) from Mojave to BigSur. To resolve this, you need to grant access for the DisplayLink Manager unter Security - DataSecurity - ScreenRecording. Then it should work. But by the way i can't use my system as as i did before. System is quite slow and shows a lot of screen-distortionsall the time. Also i can't leave the MacBook closed as i did before. I hope that there will be an update from BigSur or DisplayLink soon.

Regards, Stephan

Aug 11, 2021 7:19 AM in response to mslark56

To reply also to TO ;-) Once again:

I had a similar issue after upgrading my MacBook (15"-2016) from Mojave to BigSur. To resolve this, you need to grant access for the DisplayLink Manager unter Security - DataSecurity - ScreenRecording. Then it should work. But by the way i can't use my system as as i did before. System is quite slow and shows a lot of screen-distortionsall the time. Also i can't leave the MacBook closed as i did before. I hope that there will be an update from BigSur or DisplayLink soon.

Regards, Stephan

P.S.: I just did the update of the DisplayLink-Driver to Version 1.5.0-Beta1, runs now for just 10 minutes, but seems to be faster and up to now without screen-distortions. Hope it really runs better the next days.

Software - Disabled Software - com.displaylink.DisplayLinkDriver - No User Consent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.