Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Utilities

I reset my MacBook (early 2016). I try to reinstall it on my own but I don’t know how to do the disk utility or work with OS XUtilities?

how much would apple charge me to get it fix?

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:08 PM

liset112 Said:

"OSX Utilities: I reset my MacBook (early 2016). I try to reinstall it on my own but I don’t know how to do the disk utility or work with OS XUtilities? how much would apple charge me to get it fix?"

-------

See if this Site Helps: How to Reinstall the macOS Anew - No TMB Prior to Upgrade - User Tip. Format the hard drive with Big Sur, on step D.

In Depth:

Pretty much, it is a matter of:

1. Erasing: and formatting your hard drive to APFS
  2. Installing: Big Sur via a USB Bootable Installer
  3. Restoring: info from a Time Machine Backup, using Migration Assistan
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 10:08 PM in response to liset112

liset112 Said:

"OSX Utilities: I reset my MacBook (early 2016). I try to reinstall it on my own but I don’t know how to do the disk utility or work with OS XUtilities? how much would apple charge me to get it fix?"

-------

See if this Site Helps: How to Reinstall the macOS Anew - No TMB Prior to Upgrade - User Tip. Format the hard drive with Big Sur, on step D.

In Depth:

Pretty much, it is a matter of:

1. Erasing: and formatting your hard drive to APFS
  2. Installing: Big Sur via a USB Bootable Installer
  3. Restoring: info from a Time Machine Backup, using Migration Assistan

OSX Utilities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.