You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im trying to re-login with my apple ID and it says theres a error with keychain access

Ok so, i reset my keychain access app so i can access the app store (someone on reddit said it helped them) so i did it and now every-time i try to re-login to my apple ID it says error dosnt know where to store the password. How do i fix this!?!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 8:56 AM

NaturalGlitch_Yt wrote:

Ok so, i reset my keychain access app so i can access the app store (someone on reddit said it helped them) so i did it and now every-time i try to re-login to my apple ID it says error dosnt know where to store the password. How do i fix this!?!
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/766a57f0-b680-4d89-8818-f14cb4b58264

Enter you AppleID password manually if necessary

Sign in to your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage passwords using keychains on Mac - Apple Support

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2021 8:56 AM in response to NaturalGlitch_Yt

NaturalGlitch_Yt wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/766a57f0-b680-4d89-8818-f14cb4b58264

Enter you AppleID password manually if necessary

Sign in to your Apple ID preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage passwords using keychains on Mac - Apple Support

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Jul 22, 2021 11:00 PM in response to NaturalGlitch_Yt

NaturalGlitch_Yt Said:

"Im trying to re-login with my apple ID and it says theres a error with keychain access: Ok so, i reset my keychain access app so i can access the app store (someone on reddit said it helped them) so i did it and now every-time i try to re-login to my apple ID it says error dosnt know where to store the password. How do i fix this!?!"

-------

Make Use of Keychain:

Create a password, and add it to your Keychain. Try this once more.

Im trying to re-login with my apple ID and it says theres a error with keychain access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.