Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Issue with App Specific Generated Passwords on Apple ID

Hello,

I recently changed my Apple ID password hence I lost all the App specific passwords

When I login on my Apple ID profile online (appleid.apple.com) to generate an app specific password the system does not allow me: instead I get this message "continue on one of your devices" but I am stuck here

Any solution? As it never worked like that

Thanks

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2023 5:08 AM

Sadly, none of these options worked for me this morning… I tried Safari, Firefox, Edge, and Chrome. Stuck in the same loop where it directs me back to the Settings app on another device.

Anyone find any other solutions that worked for them?

14 replies

Jul 30, 2023 9:27 AM in response to iLudovico

I wonder if this is a new issue/outage, since an internet search I tried only showed two threads on this -- yours and another, made within the last two days. I'm also having this issue, both trying to create one and to delete several for applications I no longer use. Both result in the infinite loop of "Continue on one of your devices. On an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch go to settings > Apple ID" and I go to my phone and my desktop and neither of them have any indication that there's something to do.

Jul 30, 2023 1:05 PM in response to CrownedMartyr

@CrownedMartyr - it would appear you found the issue. Seems that no matter what I did on Safari, the same result, there appears to be a problem with Safari. I don't use Chrome so pulled up on MS Edge, worked perfectly, no issue. It would appear that Apple has an issue with their scripting being compatible with their own browser. Go figure.

Aug 9, 2023 10:08 AM in response to iLudovico

I wish I had found this thread earlier.

I wasted several hours last night trying to figure out why I could not complete a simple task I had previously completed several times. I used Safari because I thought the browser would be best tuned to carry out this operation.

I then wasted 45 minuter of an Apple advisor's time without finding an answer.

I stumbled upon the solution on Chrome today.

I sure hope that Apple reads these posts and corrects the issue.

Issue with App Specific Generated Passwords on Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.