Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro (Manufact 2010) 13.3 in., does not start. The charging light is green. But it is dead.

My macbook pro is dead. The charging light is on but it does not respond at all. I tried forced poweroff by pressing the power button for 10 seconds, nothing. Then try to turn it on in normal way, no response.

It was working normally till yesterday at this time and then I did not use it.

Please help.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 7:22 AM

Run the hardware test > How to use Apple Hardware Test on your Mac - Apple Support

Build a bootable installer in another Mac, and try booting that > How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

If you don’t have a current backup, your first task when (if?) the bootable installer boots is to try to get a backup using Disk Utility to an external storage device.

Target Disk Mode might get the data, if Disk Utility doesn’t work > Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

You’re probably headed for repair (not an auspicious an investment on a decade-old Mac) or a newer or new Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2021 7:22 AM in response to wick_77

Run the hardware test > How to use Apple Hardware Test on your Mac - Apple Support

Build a bootable installer in another Mac, and try booting that > How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

If you don’t have a current backup, your first task when (if?) the bootable installer boots is to try to get a backup using Disk Utility to an external storage device.

Target Disk Mode might get the data, if Disk Utility doesn’t work > Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

You’re probably headed for repair (not an auspicious an investment on a decade-old Mac) or a newer or new Mac.

My macbook pro (Manufact 2010) 13.3 in., does not start. The charging light is green. But it is dead.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.