Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of Mailboxes stored On My Mac

I followed a thread on here to alphabetise my mailboxes in Mac Mail. I went to Library, Mail and removed 2 V files. Now it seems that all the mailboxes that were stopped 'On My Mac' have disappeared . Including some pretty vital stuff. This is completely my fault for messing with things above my knowledge but does anyone have any idea how I might possibly be able to recover them? I really need some of tis stuff.

Thanks in advance

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 6:49 AM

MikeLondon wrote:

I followed a thread on here to alphabetise my mailboxes in Mac Mail. I went to Library, Mail and removed 2 V files. Now it seems that all the mailboxes that were stopped 'On My Mac' have disappeared . Including some pretty vital stuff. This is completely my fault for messing with things above my knowledge but does anyone have any idea how I might possibly be able to recover them? I really need some of tis stuff.

Thanks in advance

V2 ...(?) what macOS are you currently running?

Verify you have visible all mailboxes "On my Mac" move your mouse to the right hand side of the column to expose the option

older macOS

You can always restore from a backup...

Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/restore-files-mh11422/mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2021 6:49 AM in response to MikeLondon

MikeLondon wrote:

Thanks in advance

V2 ...(?) what macOS are you currently running?

Verify you have visible all mailboxes "On my Mac" move your mouse to the right hand side of the column to expose the option

older macOS

You can always restore from a backup...

Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/restore-files-mh11422/mac

Loss of Mailboxes stored On My Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.