Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost music

I got a new phone and when I connect to computer it went straight to “back up” and not thinking it was backing up phone to computer and not computer to phone I backed it up. I lost 90% of my iTunes library that was downloaded from CD’s and not bought on-line. Verizon kept my phone as a trade in so I can’t get it of the old phone even. Is there anyway I can possible recover my library w/o having to pull out all the CD’s again?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 12:57 PM

Dlhaen,

At this time, you may have to import your music to your PC in order to restore your iTunes library. Going forward, we suggest making sure that you have a backup of your library and media files. The resource that we provided in our previous response can assist you with this task. 

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities.

Stay safe and well!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 12:57 PM in response to Dlhaen

Dlhaen,

At this time, you may have to import your music to your PC in order to restore your iTunes library. Going forward, we suggest making sure that you have a backup of your library and media files. The resource that we provided in our previous response can assist you with this task. 

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities.

Stay safe and well!

Jul 24, 2021 11:45 AM in response to Dlhaen

Hello Dlhaen,

Congrats on your new iPhone! We understand that your music is missing from your iTunes library, after connecting your device. We definitely want you to have access to your music, and it’s our pleasure to assist you. To get a better understand of the issue, we have a few questions that we’d like to ask:

• Have you subscribed to Apple Music or used iTunes Match, If so, check out: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

• Do you have another device that is signed in with the same Apple ID?

• Do you have a backup of your iTunes library? If so, review this article: Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC

Take care!

Lost music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.