Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 message notifications not appearing

Hi there, after messing with my date/time in my phone, I am no longer receiving message notifications from any of my contacts. After they send me a message, there is still the red 1 at the top right corner of the messages icon, but no notifications or noises. I’ve already checked all settings for this and can’t seem to fix it. I’ve also deleted the message threads and it still hasn’t worked, please let me know what to do. I am on IOS14 if that changed anything.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 12:05 PM

Hey Ihaveaniphone8,

We understand that you're no longer receiving notifications for the Messages app. You've already tried a few steps, but the issue persists.

Since this started when you made changes to your date and time settings, we suggest going back in and making sure this is now correct. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time, and make sure the Time Zone is correct, and you have "Set Automatically" enabled.

Even though you have checked the settings, we suggest re-checking them using this guide to make sure everything is correct.

Be sure to disable Do Not Disturb if it's turned on.

Also, you should make sure that you're using the latest version of iOS, which is 14.7. Use these links to learn how to back up, then update.

Keep us updated, and let us know if that helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 12:05 PM in response to Ihaveaniphone8

Hey Ihaveaniphone8,

We understand that you're no longer receiving notifications for the Messages app. You've already tried a few steps, but the issue persists.

Since this started when you made changes to your date and time settings, we suggest going back in and making sure this is now correct. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time, and make sure the Time Zone is correct, and you have "Set Automatically" enabled.

Even though you have checked the settings, we suggest re-checking them using this guide to make sure everything is correct.

Be sure to disable Do Not Disturb if it's turned on.

Also, you should make sure that you're using the latest version of iOS, which is 14.7. Use these links to learn how to back up, then update.

Keep us updated, and let us know if that helps.

iPhone 8 message notifications not appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.