You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Haptic Feedback on Trackpad Not Working.

Need help. I'm using MBP 2019 13". After the update to MacOS Big Sur 11.5, haptic feedback on my trackpad stopped working. Trackpad still works, as well as the look up functionality when I'm pressing it firmly, but there's no haptic feedback.

Could this be a software issue or hardware? I've already reset my PRAM and SMC to try if that'll fix it but no luck.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 7:21 PM

6 replies

Jul 25, 2021 9:24 AM in response to Pampa_Arg

Yes. I have actually tried every suggestions I found online.

• Safe Mode
  • Reset PRAM
  • Reset SMC
  • First Aid Utility Disk
  • Reinstall MacOS

Still not functioning. I'm already thinking that it might be a hardware issue but I want to believe that it's a software issue since it just occurred when update to macos11.5 failed on my first attempt.

Running out of options tho.

Aug 1, 2021 6:29 PM in response to vo01

After some research, found out that we're not the only ones. Some with the same experience, worked eventually - by SMC, PRAM reset, reboot - and some without doing anything. Mine still not working though and it's been more than a week already. I'm getting used to it not clicking (haptic feedback) but I miss the clicking feels. Everything is working except the haptic.

Sep 18, 2021 6:13 AM in response to ekco3974

I also experienced the same issue. The issue is intermittent. You never know when it will start and stop. After waiting for almost 10 days I visited the Apple service center as my extended warranty was ending. They tried all software solutions first and said it's a hardware issue. They replaced the entire top case that includes Trackpad, Keyboard, Touchbar, and the Battery under warranty.

Haptic Feedback on Trackpad Not Working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.