Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after 11.5 update photos is not working anymore error 4302

everything was ok before the update

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 4:52 AM

Hello

i solved my problem with apple photos app files.

all my .photoslibrary staff was on an "ExFAT" formatted HD. for this condition the files could not be opened after the last update of MAOS 11.5.1

so I moved all the content from the HD "exfat" to a new HD formatted with "Mac OS Extended (Journal)" and everything works perfect as before.

conclusion:

the update 11.5.1 must have a conflict with "ExFAT" disks

it is worth confirming this situation by the profesionals

thanks for your attention

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 4:52 AM in response to tikhonnnnn

Hello

i solved my problem with apple photos app files.

all my .photoslibrary staff was on an "ExFAT" formatted HD. for this condition the files could not be opened after the last update of MAOS 11.5.1

so I moved all the content from the HD "exfat" to a new HD formatted with "Mac OS Extended (Journal)" and everything works perfect as before.

conclusion:

the update 11.5.1 must have a conflict with "ExFAT" disks

it is worth confirming this situation by the profesionals

thanks for your attention

Jul 31, 2021 4:39 AM in response to Bigosa

Yes, I always used apple photos library on my external drive and after update to 11.5, I can't open library it shows 4302 error. I tried to recover it (cmd + option), recover process successfully done, but error 4302 appears again, while opening library. It's strange because my default library (connected with iCloud) working... It awful, I really afraid to lose my collection!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.