Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Error "Unknown error (1,005)"

I am trying to export pictures to files. When I do, I get "Unknown error (1,005)".

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 8:10 AM

This may be a corruption in your Library. Have you tried to repair the Photos Library? To rebuild your Library, close Photos and re-launch by option-command-clicking the app icon. A screen (sometimes hidden behind other windows) will appear asking if you would like to repair the Library-- click "Repair" and see if that works.

Other things to try include

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Use another library if you have one, or make a small test Library with a few pictures in it and see if the same thing happens.
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers) This bypasses certain potentially disruptive processes.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

One of these steps may fix the problem, but their failure to work is also diagnostic.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 8:10 AM in response to morrie144

This may be a corruption in your Library. Have you tried to repair the Photos Library? To rebuild your Library, close Photos and re-launch by option-command-clicking the app icon. A screen (sometimes hidden behind other windows) will appear asking if you would like to repair the Library-- click "Repair" and see if that works.

Other things to try include

• Restart the computer (of course)
  • Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  • Use another library if you have one, or make a small test Library with a few pictures in it and see if the same thing happens.
  • Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers) This bypasses certain potentially disruptive processes.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

One of these steps may fix the problem, but their failure to work is also diagnostic.

Photos Error "Unknown error (1,005)"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.