Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 battery / battery indicator

Hello everyone;

I'm not really sure where to put my problem - that's why I'll try it here first.

I bought a MacBook Air M1 and I'm very satisfied so far, only one thing bothers me or is faulty. After charging the Macbook, the battery indicator remains at 100%, no matter what I do (for a test, longer load via Cinebench). The battery indicator is only shown correctly after a restart.

When using it for the first time, the battery indicator was obviously not correct either, as the device switched itself off at around 60% and first had to be charged ...

Would be grateful for any input; especially since I am not particularly keen on a returns process.

Addition: Interestingly, with a battery app from the AppStore, the charge is correctly displayed!

But there is still a difference: macOS 99%, other tools 92%.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 4:21 AM

You don't have to return your Mac. But you can contact Apple experts contact Apple Support.

macOS manages battery health now.

How battery health management helps

The battery health management feature in macOS 10.15.5 is designed to improve your battery's lifespan by reducing the rate at which it chemically ages.

The feature does this by monitoring your battery's temperature history and its charging patterns.

Based on the measurements that it collects, battery health management may reduce your battery's maximum charge when in this mode.

This happens as needed to ensure that your battery charges to a level that's optimized for your usage—reducing wear on the battery, 

and slowing its chemical aging. Battery health management also uses the measurements to calculate when your battery needs service.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211094?cid=mc-ols-energy_saver-article_ht211094-macos_ui-04022020

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 4:21 AM in response to ASC_5

You don't have to return your Mac. But you can contact Apple experts contact Apple Support.

macOS manages battery health now.

How battery health management helps

The battery health management feature in macOS 10.15.5 is designed to improve your battery's lifespan by reducing the rate at which it chemically ages.

The feature does this by monitoring your battery's temperature history and its charging patterns.

Based on the measurements that it collects, battery health management may reduce your battery's maximum charge when in this mode.

This happens as needed to ensure that your battery charges to a level that's optimized for your usage—reducing wear on the battery, 

and slowing its chemical aging. Battery health management also uses the measurements to calculate when your battery needs service.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211094?cid=mc-ols-energy_saver-article_ht211094-macos_ui-04022020

MacBook Air M1 battery / battery indicator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.