Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac 2021 sound too much bass

Hi friend, Is there a way to reduce the bass on the new 2021 Big Sur IMac. The bass is obnoxiously loud. Please help. Greetings Gino

iMac 24″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 8:24 AM

Thanks, Gino. I read about it somewhere after posing my question to you, downloaded and installed, and it works great! The sound is now "normal." I wasn't looking for true high fidelity, just to get rid of the booming bass. I set the bass at about 9 o'clock and the treble at about 3 o'clock and it seems about right to me.

Gary

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2021 8:24 AM in response to GinoKuijpers

Thanks, Gino. I read about it somewhere after posing my question to you, downloaded and installed, and it works great! The sound is now "normal." I wasn't looking for true high fidelity, just to get rid of the booming bass. I set the bass at about 9 o'clock and the treble at about 3 o'clock and it seems about right to me.

Gary

Jul 25, 2021 11:46 AM in response to i_rina

Hi i_rina,

Thank you very much for your response.

The issue is especially noticeable on Zoom calls.

I did find the equalizer in the 'Music' app you referenced to.

But as i understand this does not equalize the systems sound, just the music running

through the 'Music' app.

For my taste the entire system sounds too 'boomy'.

This happens on almost all sound levels. I ended up using a third party app. I was just

wondering if it's not also an option in MacOs.

Thanks for your attention.

Greetings Gino

Jul 25, 2021 8:34 AM in response to GinoKuijpers

Hello GinoKuijpers,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you’d like to adjust the audio to reduce bass on your Mac. We’d be happy to help.

Are you experiencing this sound quality in a specific app such as the Music app? If so, here’s how to Adjust the sound quality in Music on Mac.

Or is this happening when playing all audio on your Mac? Is there any difference in sound quality when you adjust the volume?

Take care.

Jul 25, 2021 12:12 PM in response to GinoKuijpers

Gino,

If you're noticing sound quality issues with the system sound on your Mac, try to Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac. "Settings that can be stored in NVRAM include sound volume, display resolution, startup-disk selection, time zone, and recent kernel panic information." So resetting the NVRAM or PRAM may be helpful in this situation.

We would also suggest updating your Mac to the latest compatible version of macOS. Make sure to backup and then Update macOS on Mac.

We think you might find the troubleshooting steps in If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working helpful as well.

Keep us posted on the results.

imac 2021 sound too much bass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.