Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15 GB of Audio missing

My wife has an iPhone 7 that had 15GB of MP3s on it. She was running out of space and deleted the Music app. When going into the iPhone Storage, I see Media is consuming a lot of space. The other apps account for only 12GB, but she is out of space. The PC that synched the songs originally died, so I loaded iTunes on a new one. I tried to sync with just 1 song, and it showed the phone would go up to 24GB free. But, whenever I sync, it always reverts back to 31GB being used. Does anyone know how I can delete these "hidden" audio files? They were never hidden using iTunes... I say that because they seem to be unreachable or missing. I don't need them back, I just want the space gone.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 10:53 AM

Hello KennyJ98,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking for some help managing the storage on your wife’s iPhone. We definitely understand that having those numbers not seem to add up correctly can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing this article: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. In addition, please review how to sync iTunes content on PC with your devices. You can be given the option to sync a chose iTunes library, which will overwrite the current library on the device.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 10:53 AM in response to KennyJ98

Hello KennyJ98,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking for some help managing the storage on your wife’s iPhone. We definitely understand that having those numbers not seem to add up correctly can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing this article: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. In addition, please review how to sync iTunes content on PC with your devices. You can be given the option to sync a chose iTunes library, which will overwrite the current library on the device.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Jul 27, 2021 8:29 AM in response to KennyJ98

Thanks for getting back with us about this, KennyJ98. When you are looking under Settings > iPhone Storage, does it actually say 'Music' as the name of the data? Or is it showing 'Media' as you mentioned above? Has her iPhone been backed up to iTunes and/or iCloud, or just the music syncing?

Please send the answers to those questions so we can determine the best next steps. Thanks and take care.

15 GB of Audio missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.