Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing camera icon from iPhone home page

how do i recover my camera icon to my home page?

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 12:29 PM

You have not disclosed which iPhone you are using. You have not disclosed which iOS version you are using. I will therefore provide a general resolution for the issue that you are facing (Camera app does not appear on the home screen).

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Home Screen Layout. This action will return the Camera app to your home screen and rearrange the apps to their default positions.

Axel F.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 12:29 PM in response to afroth

You have not disclosed which iPhone you are using. You have not disclosed which iOS version you are using. I will therefore provide a general resolution for the issue that you are facing (Camera app does not appear on the home screen).

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Home Screen Layout. This action will return the Camera app to your home screen and rearrange the apps to their default positions.

Axel F.

Jul 24, 2021 2:14 PM in response to afroth

Ensure that your Mac and your iPhone are using the same Apple ID and then Double Check the following settings-

On your iPhone

Open Settings ➔ Phone ➔ Calls on other devices : Ensure that this is set to ON and your Mac is listed below that. Find the listed Mac and ensure that the switch for the Mac is set to ON.

On your Mac

Open FaceTime ➔ Preferences ➔ You can be reached for FaceTime at : Ensure that your Phone number is checked. Calls from iPhone is checked.

Axel F.

missing camera icon from iPhone home page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.