Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Series Battery Issues

Recently I found that my iPhone 12 mini's battery lift becomes absymal. Then I checked my battery health, which is abnormally low at 90% after less than 9 months usage. So I talked to my friends who also own a iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 mini, finding out I am not the only one. One of my friends' iPhone 12 mini only has 89% battery health. The other two iPhone 12s have 90% and 91% respectlively. All are purchased when the phone came out, which is around 9 and 10 months ago, depending on the model. As I remembered, my iPhone X has 91% battery health after 3 years usage.

I wonder if this is a wide-spreading issue and if I should contact Apple to replace my battery, since 90% on iPhone 12 mini is anot a good experience. Andis it possible that this issue relates to the heat produced by 5G (though I've never used 5G)?

[Edited by Moderator] 

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 12:38 PM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2021 11:44 AM in response to rollerrrr

Hi rollerrr,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.You can check out details of your iPhone Battery and Performance here. A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge. For more support, Contact - Official Apple Support.

Have a great day.

iPhone 12 Series Battery Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.