Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add new Apps to my Apple TV? What is there is so limited.

How can I add new Apps to my Apple TV. What is there is so limited.

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 4:28 AM

You would need an Apple TV (4th generation or later) to have access to the App Store and add apps of your choice. Older devices cannot access this.

On Apple TV (3rd generation), select apps are loaded from a remote server. It is unlikely that new functionality will get added, if your system software is up-to-date. The last two additions were Prime Video (2017) and the revamped Apple TV app (2019). All major development efforts are on App Store apps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 4:28 AM in response to Roadrunner47

You would need an Apple TV (4th generation or later) to have access to the App Store and add apps of your choice. Older devices cannot access this.

On Apple TV (3rd generation), select apps are loaded from a remote server. It is unlikely that new functionality will get added, if your system software is up-to-date. The last two additions were Prime Video (2017) and the revamped Apple TV app (2019). All major development efforts are on App Store apps.

How can I add new Apps to my Apple TV? What is there is so limited.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.