Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data Recovery ?

Dear Gentlemen

Thanks for everyone can help and advice me how i can recover data from MacBook Pro ?

what happens Exactly that during update software to Bog Sur 11.4 my external Hard Drive was connected

to the PC once i tried to open it doesn’t open and disk utility showing damage in one of containers plus that all files converted to APFS.

now Hard drive showing Full Capacity while date was 97 GB and capacity for hard Drive is 01 T

appreciate any magical solutions which cvan allow me to recover my data on hard drive but in consideration that i never use TIME MACHINE. Unfortunately.

Once m ore thanks a million

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 2:11 PM

97 GB is not enough for a 1 TB hard drive. You need a minimum of 150 GB free for such a drive, and if installing Big Sur, a minimum of 190 GB of free purgeable space for smooth install.

Is your data backed up?

Does the machine start up?

Data Recovery can be done if you have another Mac, or a hard drive with an external drive you can copy the information to, that is larger than the internal drive, that has been configured as a boot drive. If it can't see the data over target disk mode, it probably is best to bring the machine in for service, or take it to a data recovery firm.

Never install a new operating system or any software without first backing up your data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 2:11 PM in response to tm288

97 GB is not enough for a 1 TB hard drive. You need a minimum of 150 GB free for such a drive, and if installing Big Sur, a minimum of 190 GB of free purgeable space for smooth install.

Is your data backed up?

Does the machine start up?

Data Recovery can be done if you have another Mac, or a hard drive with an external drive you can copy the information to, that is larger than the internal drive, that has been configured as a boot drive. If it can't see the data over target disk mode, it probably is best to bring the machine in for service, or take it to a data recovery firm.

Never install a new operating system or any software without first backing up your data.

Data Recovery ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.