Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone XR has the screen visible when is off

i have a iPhone XR and when I turn it off sometimes it’ll go a bit darker but I can still see my screen and even when I hit the turn off button or volume button they don’t work, it still turns off in a second though, do you have any answers and could it mean some part of my phone is hacked or is it nothing to worry about?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 3:03 PM

Nothing from your description of the issue indicates that your iPhone is hacked. It is not hacked. Get that out of your mind.

As far your iPhone display not turning off when you turn the iPhone off is concerned, I believe that you may be experiencing a normal delay while the iPhone "winds down" to shut itself completely OFF.

Here is another way of shutting your iPhone and that is open Settings ➔ General ➔ Shut Down and see whether your iPhone turns OFF completely even if there is a slight delay after your choose Shut Down.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 3:03 PM in response to Throwawayaccount123

Nothing from your description of the issue indicates that your iPhone is hacked. It is not hacked. Get that out of your mind.

As far your iPhone display not turning off when you turn the iPhone off is concerned, I believe that you may be experiencing a normal delay while the iPhone "winds down" to shut itself completely OFF.

Here is another way of shutting your iPhone and that is open Settings ➔ General ➔ Shut Down and see whether your iPhone turns OFF completely even if there is a slight delay after your choose Shut Down.

Axel F.

My iPhone XR has the screen visible when is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.