Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning off open apps

Using my old I-Pad, I could double click on the button on the right then was able to swipe off any open apps. With my new I-Pad, there is no button to double click on, so how do I accomplish this?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 6:28 PM

Open App Switcher by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen and stop in the middle of the screen. Then swipe up on the app.

Also see the following from Quit and reopen an app on iPad - Apple Support

If an app isn’t responding, you can quit it and then reopen it to try and resolve the issue. (Typically, there’s no reason to quit an app; quitting it doesn’t save battery power, for example.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 6:28 PM in response to Star-CM

Open App Switcher by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen and stop in the middle of the screen. Then swipe up on the app.

Also see the following from Quit and reopen an app on iPad - Apple Support

If an app isn’t responding, you can quit it and then reopen it to try and resolve the issue. (Typically, there’s no reason to quit an app; quitting it doesn’t save battery power, for example.)

Turning off open apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.