You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi there is the light in your magsafe battery always on whenever it’s on charge? Because I can’t see mine.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 3:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:34 AM

Hi there,

yes I’ve tried to change the lightning cable and power adapter (20W) still not showing any lights while charging. I need to plug-in and out to see the light.

yes I’m able to charged it while it’s connected to my phone and that’s the other way for me to check if the magsafe battery is fully charged.

i’m just wondering why the light is not lit while I’m charging it.

thank you for your reply btw :) appreciate it!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2021 8:34 AM in response to i_rina

Hi there,

yes I’ve tried to change the lightning cable and power adapter (20W) still not showing any lights while charging. I need to plug-in and out to see the light.

yes I’m able to charged it while it’s connected to my phone and that’s the other way for me to check if the magsafe battery is fully charged.

i’m just wondering why the light is not lit while I’m charging it.

thank you for your reply btw :) appreciate it!

Jul 26, 2021 8:22 AM in response to ClarissaArtus

Hello Clarissa, 

It sounds as though your MagSafe Battery Pack isn’t charging as expected. Apple Support Communities is a great place or help with this issue! Since noticing this issue have you tried charging the battery pack with a different Lightning charging cable, power adapter, and wall outlet to help isolate the issue? If not, try using different charging accessories and methods, and let us know the results. 

Also, are you able to charge your MagSafe Battery Pack when it’s connected to the iPhone, and your iPhone is connected to the power source?

We look forward to your response!

Jul 26, 2021 8:55 AM in response to ClarissaArtus

We’re glad you were able to test a different cable and adapter Clarissa. 

Were you able to test a different wall outlet as well? If not, test a different power outlet to help isolate the issue further. You also mentioned disconnecting and reconnecting. Does that tend to resolve the issue, and does the battery pack appear to charge even though the indicator isn’t illuminating? 

Have a great day!

Hi there is the light in your magsafe battery always on whenever it’s on charge? Because I can’t see mine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.