Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore does not connect over Wifi (READ BEFORE POSTING REPLIES)

I already have a WiFi set-up and working. It works for all my Apple devices. However, a new iPhone 11 is presenting a problem that is very straneg.

When the iPhone 11 is connected to the WiFi, the AppStore app cannot connect to the App Store.

However, when turning off the WiFi and using the mobile (cell) network, the App Store app can successfully connect to the App Store.

None of my other devices are having this problem.

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 11:44 AM

Problem solved. Vodafone was the culprit. I have no idea what (or how) but the Vodafone web-site was filled with people complaining about the same problem. Since Two days ago, the problem disappeared.

Similar questions

9 replies

Jul 25, 2021 11:31 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

No VPN. As I mentioned, this problem is affecting all Apple devices using WiFi when connecting to the App Store (MacBook Pro, MacAir, iPhones, iPads, and iWatch).

No Firewall, besides the basic state connection control found on standard cable modems.

Yes, with mobile cell data only (WiFi off) it works (I can access App Store)

Yes, with WiFi off it works (I can access the App Store)

With the WiFi on, only The App Store fails. Any other service, including iCloud, works very well.

AppStore does not connect over Wifi (READ BEFORE POSTING REPLIES)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.