Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone photos (jpg) duplicate as mov.

Photos that I take with my iphone 7 are automatically uploaded to my iCloud account and are accessible to me on my Windows PC but for every photo I take, it shows up on my PC as a jpg and as a mov file. I cannot figure out how to stop the duplication into mov. It becomes very time-consuming to delete them all.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 1:04 PM

Thanks, LD150, but following your exact instructions, it doesn't matter whether Live Photo is "on" or "off", the mov duplicate of the jpg still shows up on my PC. Even tried "Auto-Play Videos and Live Photos" under "Camera" in Settings but that didn't change anything either.

I appreciate you taking the time to try and solve it. I realize my iphone is older but prefer this smaller size.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 1:04 PM in response to LD150

Thanks, LD150, but following your exact instructions, it doesn't matter whether Live Photo is "on" or "off", the mov duplicate of the jpg still shows up on my PC. Even tried "Auto-Play Videos and Live Photos" under "Camera" in Settings but that didn't change anything either.

I appreciate you taking the time to try and solve it. I realize my iphone is older but prefer this smaller size.

iPhone photos (jpg) duplicate as mov.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.