Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edited photos on iPhone does not show on Mac, but deleted photos do

I took some photos on my iPhone and deleted some of them and edited the rest.

In images on my MacBook Pro, only the original images show up (automatically), that is even the deleted ones show although I want them to stay deleted, but the ones I did edit on the iPhone appear unedited on the MacBook Pro.

How can I make the MacBook Pro actually have the same images as the Iphone?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 9:57 AM

I'm guessing you have My Photo Stream enabled and not iCloud Library, right?

You have only one option to automatically have all libraries exactly the same including edits: enable iCloud Library on both devices.

That will mean you will need to purchase enough iCloud Disk space to house both libraries combined.

Edited photos on an iPhone can be Air Dropped to the Mac and imported as edited. The My Photo Stream only transfers unedited photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 9:57 AM in response to Karl-Johan_X

I'm guessing you have My Photo Stream enabled and not iCloud Library, right?

You have only one option to automatically have all libraries exactly the same including edits: enable iCloud Library on both devices.

That will mean you will need to purchase enough iCloud Disk space to house both libraries combined.

Edited photos on an iPhone can be Air Dropped to the Mac and imported as edited. The My Photo Stream only transfers unedited photos.

Edited photos on iPhone does not show on Mac, but deleted photos do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.