Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to download music without a subscription on my phone

I want to download Music to my Apple phone without a subscription. How do I do this?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 1:15 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2021 1:12 PM in response to MusicSupport101

I believe above question pertains to my issue as well which you didn't answer. I was searching for a band, once I found them i wanted to sample the album to see if I wanted to purchase it. Every time I tried the play it the "subscribe to apple music" option came up. 9.99 a month with auto billing. The question is can I preview the album or a single song, like I used to, WITHOUT having to subscribe.

Jul 27, 2021 1:18 PM in response to hazmat16

hazmat16 wrote:

I believe above question pertains to my issue as well which you didn't answer. I was searching for a band, once I found them i wanted to sample the album to see if I wanted to purchase it. Every time I tried the play it the "subscribe to apple music" option came up. 9.99 a month with auto billing. The question is can I preview the album or a single song, like I used to, WITHOUT having to subscribe.

Yes. but you need to do so through the iTunes Store app on iOS devices, or the iTunes Store section in the Music app on a Mac.

If you find the song in the Browse or For You sections of the Music app on either an iOS device or Mac, that is the area for the subscription service and will require a subscription always.

how to download music without a subscription on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.