You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icon for applications folder has disappeared from my imac dock

the icon for all applications, that has always been the last icon before the horizontal divider before trash, has disappeared in the last few days. i don't know exactly when. but i do know that i installed the apple upgrade for macos 11.5 on 072121. today is 072521. i am guessing that its disappearance has something to do with 11.5, but i didn't stop to note the date when i first noticed it was missing.

also my apps store icon is no longer displaying that there are updates pending. i just happened to see 2 waiting as i was wandering around trying to figure out what has gone wrong with my apps icon awol.

i don't see anything in trash, so i don't think my fumble fingers sent the app icon from the doc to trash.

any ideas?

i eagerly await because i used that icon a lot to quickly get to apps and utilities not on my doc.

thanks

MacBook Pro 17″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 2:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 2:38 PM

after i posted my question, i looked at the answer old toad gave for the problem in catalina. old toad included a little animation, and i saw that he dragged the applications folder to the area below the horizontal line (when the dock is vertical) and above the trash. he explains in his answer.

once again, thanks old toad. it worked even though the answer was for catalina.

how old are you anyway? you seem to know everything, old wise one! good for us.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2021 2:38 PM in response to green jean

after i posted my question, i looked at the answer old toad gave for the problem in catalina. old toad included a little animation, and i saw that he dragged the applications folder to the area below the horizontal line (when the dock is vertical) and above the trash. he explains in his answer.

once again, thanks old toad. it worked even though the answer was for catalina.

how old are you anyway? you seem to know everything, old wise one! good for us.

icon for applications folder has disappeared from my imac dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.