Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Not announcing iPhone Alarms

Good Day,

I am using an Apple Watch Series 6 (7.5) and iPhone 7+ (14.6). I have not updated to 7.06 or 14.7 based on reviews and fear of bricking the watch.

The Watch has consistently notified me of Alarms on the iPhone (I have 6 alarms set for daily heart medication).

In the last few days I hear my phone alerting me of an alarm but the Watch is quiet, no notification. If I power down both devices and restart the action works fine for one or two alarms and then stops once again.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to ask if there is a way to stop the Watch from alerting me of the 7.6 update. It does so often during the day and is more than obtrusive.

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 11:49 AM

Hi OT51,

We see you're having trouble getting your watch Alarms. To clarify, does this issue persist regardless if you set the alarm directly from the watch or from the phone? Are you getting other audio/haptic notifications on your watch like timers or text messages? Is everything set to mirror your iPhone?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 11:49 AM in response to OT51

Hi OT51,

We see you're having trouble getting your watch Alarms. To clarify, does this issue persist regardless if you set the alarm directly from the watch or from the phone? Are you getting other audio/haptic notifications on your watch like timers or text messages? Is everything set to mirror your iPhone?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care.

Jul 26, 2021 2:55 PM in response to Teddy_B

Hello Teddy_B

In answer to your question the issue presents with alarms created on the phone. I do not receive many Messages so I didn't think about them until reading your question (thank you for that).

Upon checking I found iMessages were not sounding/haptic on the watch and found they are not sounding/vibrating on the phone either.

I checked settings both in Notification and in iMessage on both devices (should have done that 1st), toggled all sounds, haptics and all appears well other than I cannot activate Prominent in Haptic Alerts on the Watch.

I don't see anything listed in the 7.6 specs about anything related to haptics/sound so I will stay away from that upgrade. I would love to be able to disable the constant Notification that pops up about upgrading to 7.6 .

Hope that does the trick.

Thank you very much for your time and knowledge sharing........

Jul 26, 2021 3:29 PM in response to OT51

I forgot to ask if you have any guidance as to turning off the 7.6 Upgrade message that keeps popping up on my watch. I turned off there badge but do not find a way to shutdown notification.

Normally I would upgrade but have read to be very cautious with both 7.6 and 14.7s interaction problems and possible Watch Bricking.

Apple Watch Not announcing iPhone Alarms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.