Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery issue

within six month of my iPhone 12 mini by battery health showing 90% and my phone sometimes getting hot

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 2:48 PM

Shaikh_76 Said:

"Battery issue: within six month of my iPhone 12 mini by battery health showing 90% and my phone sometimes getting hot"

-------

About the Battery:

It drops as it drops - and it typically goes by charge cycles. So, if you have charged this many times a day, then it dropping 10% seems ideal. And, note that an iPhone's battery typically drops 1-3% right out-of-the-box. So, if you've charged it every day, multiple times, then it seems to be where it should.

As for Overheating... Two Things:

I. Cool Down the iPhone

II. Clear Space

In Depth:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: a Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

II. Clear Space:

Having little empty space can heat things up. So, here is what to perform...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 2:48 PM in response to Shaikh_76

Shaikh_76 Said:

"Battery issue: within six month of my iPhone 12 mini by battery health showing 90% and my phone sometimes getting hot"

-------

About the Battery:

It drops as it drops - and it typically goes by charge cycles. So, if you have charged this many times a day, then it dropping 10% seems ideal. And, note that an iPhone's battery typically drops 1-3% right out-of-the-box. So, if you've charged it every day, multiple times, then it seems to be where it should.

As for Overheating... Two Things:

I. Cool Down the iPhone

II. Clear Space

In Depth:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: a Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

II. Clear Space:

Having little empty space can heat things up. So, here is what to perform...

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use.

Battery issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.