Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I restored my contacts using icloud.com but not all my contacts were restored. How can I find the others

Because my google account on my iPhone got messed up somehow I deleted my Google email and still haven't been able to put that back on my iPhone XS, but that's another story. Somehow, when I did that I lost some of my contacts. I "restored" them using icloud.com's restore, but I am still missing some really important ones. How can I get those back?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 4:57 PM

I bet that the contacts there are currently missing were associated directly with your Google account and not with iCloud. This means that you may have had some contacts in iCloud and some contacts only in your GMAIL (Google) account. Now that you have restored most of your contacts from iCloud, I recommend that you add your Google account back and see whether those contacts get synced on your iPhone.

The other way you can double check the theory above is to sign in to your Google account from the GMAIL website and check the contact list there.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 4:57 PM in response to kld-dnp

I bet that the contacts there are currently missing were associated directly with your Google account and not with iCloud. This means that you may have had some contacts in iCloud and some contacts only in your GMAIL (Google) account. Now that you have restored most of your contacts from iCloud, I recommend that you add your Google account back and see whether those contacts get synced on your iPhone.

The other way you can double check the theory above is to sign in to your Google account from the GMAIL website and check the contact list there.

Axel F.

I restored my contacts using icloud.com but not all my contacts were restored. How can I find the others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.