Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock regulary stops showing on Big Sur

I have my dock set up to automatically hide and show on my Mac Pro (2019) running Big Sur 11.5 (see image below).

However, after a short period of time, the dock stops appearing when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. It is fixed by a restart, but starts to recur again soon after. The issue first appeared when running on Big Sur 11.4 and persists now that I have updated to 11.5.

Every 10–20 minutes, I have to run

killall Dock

in Terminal to get my dock back.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem or be able to suggest possible fixes?

Mac Pro, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 7:23 PM

As a test, remove Astropad app, remove all of what appears to be two or maybe three VPNs, remove CleanMyMac, and either remove or upgrade Paragon. VPNs and cleaning apps can cause problems, and sometimes problems requiring a re-installation to repair a corruption.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 25, 2021 5:46 PM in response to Volutin

Please download and run EtreCheck, then share the report to the clipboard. Then open a new reply here and then press the button that looks like a printed page to get a text input box big enough to paste the hardware and software configuration report here.

Among the usual suspects for weird behavior are add-on anti-malware, add-on anti-virus, add-on cleaner apps, add-on VPN client apps, and such.

Dock regulary stops showing on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.