Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I mistakenly deleted some very important messages on my iPhone how do I retrieve them cos I’m not sure I backed up

I mistakenly deleted very important messages from my iPhone

how do I retrieve them because I’m not sure I backed up

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 5:49 PM

The deleted messages are deleted, in general.. If you had iCloud enabled for messages, then the messages are gone. If you did not have iCloud enabled for messages and did have a backup from prior to the deletion, and if you are willing to revert everything and the entire contents of your iPhone to the pre-delete backup, then you might get the messages back. But with no backups locally or in iCloud, there’s nothing to revert to and the deleted messages are deleted.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 5:49 PM in response to ethel248

The deleted messages are deleted, in general.. If you had iCloud enabled for messages, then the messages are gone. If you did not have iCloud enabled for messages and did have a backup from prior to the deletion, and if you are willing to revert everything and the entire contents of your iPhone to the pre-delete backup, then you might get the messages back. But with no backups locally or in iCloud, there’s nothing to revert to and the deleted messages are deleted.

I mistakenly deleted some very important messages on my iPhone how do I retrieve them cos I’m not sure I backed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.