Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Lags FaceTime with MagSafe

Every time I’m on FaceTime while using or after using my MagSafe charger my phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max) heats up a lot AND the FaceTime camera lags SIGNIFICANTLY, like windows xp showing the same program 100 times type of lag, and I’ve searched for an update, or a way to fix it but I’m still yet to find an answer how to, what is wrong and can anyone help.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 8:06 PM

When you charge your iPhone wirelessly (MagSafe included), then it may get warm depending on the ambient conditions. If you combine the wireless charging with a streaming video intensive process (FaceTime etc) then it will affect the performance of your iPhone. When the iPhone gets hot then it will throttle (Slow down) the performance to keep the operating temperature in check and the iPhone from damaging itself. This is why you are experiencing video lag which is caused by the throttle. Once the iPhone cools down then it will begin to perform normally. Try and not use MagSafe charging when you have an upcoming FaceTime call.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 8:06 PM in response to Chrisxd16

When you charge your iPhone wirelessly (MagSafe included), then it may get warm depending on the ambient conditions. If you combine the wireless charging with a streaming video intensive process (FaceTime etc) then it will affect the performance of your iPhone. When the iPhone gets hot then it will throttle (Slow down) the performance to keep the operating temperature in check and the iPhone from damaging itself. This is why you are experiencing video lag which is caused by the throttle. Once the iPhone cools down then it will begin to perform normally. Try and not use MagSafe charging when you have an upcoming FaceTime call.

Axel F.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Lags FaceTime with MagSafe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.