Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find the control centre in iOS 14

I have just purchased a new iPhone 11 on the basis they would have sorted out the bugs by now, but can’t get the video apps to use wi fi and certain other apps will only use mobile data, all saying there’s no connection to wifi even though at the same time other apps quite happily are using it.

I’ve given up trying to find a solution to that problem, it’s obviously an iPhone 11 thing, and I’m stuck with it, but how do I quick access the control centre to switch wifi on and off without having to go the long way back to Home Screen then settings then wifi etc.

There’s also no indication that wifi is on at the top of the screen, so I don’t even know which state I’m in at any time.

Any help would be most appreciated.

This will have be my last iPhone as it’s taken me seven days to load all my banking data and other passwords that can’t be stored on iCloud whilst actually doing actual work that pays my bills, I can’t afford another whole weekend sorting out apples problems again!!

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 10:16 PM

1. Certain apps are only using Wi-Fi and Certain app are only using mobile data: Double check your settings to ensure that all apps are setup correctly to use Wi-Fi or Mobile data or both. Open Settings ➔ Cellular (Mobile data): Here, ensure that all apps are set to ON so that they are allowed to access Mobile Data. Apps should use Wi-Fi data when it is available by default.
  2. Quickly Access the Control Center: Touch and Pull Down from the Top Right Corner of your iPhone screen. This should reveal the control center with the options that you are seeking.
  3. No Wi-Fi Network Indicator: This indicator is displayed at the Top Right Corner of your screen when the iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi Network. If your iPhone is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network then the indicator will not appear. Ensure that you have gone into Settings ➔ Wi-Fi : Set this to ON. Then select a Wi-Fi Network and connect to it by entering the the Network's Password.

I also recommend that your reset the network settings by opening Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings: Once this task is completed then you will have to enter your Wi-Fi password(s) again.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 10:16 PM in response to Johnthetruegent

1. Certain apps are only using Wi-Fi and Certain app are only using mobile data: Double check your settings to ensure that all apps are setup correctly to use Wi-Fi or Mobile data or both. Open Settings ➔ Cellular (Mobile data): Here, ensure that all apps are set to ON so that they are allowed to access Mobile Data. Apps should use Wi-Fi data when it is available by default.
  2. Quickly Access the Control Center: Touch and Pull Down from the Top Right Corner of your iPhone screen. This should reveal the control center with the options that you are seeking.
  3. No Wi-Fi Network Indicator: This indicator is displayed at the Top Right Corner of your screen when the iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi Network. If your iPhone is not connected to a Wi-Fi Network then the indicator will not appear. Ensure that you have gone into Settings ➔ Wi-Fi : Set this to ON. Then select a Wi-Fi Network and connect to it by entering the the Network's Password.

I also recommend that your reset the network settings by opening Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings: Once this task is completed then you will have to enter your Wi-Fi password(s) again.

Axel F.

Jul 26, 2021 11:35 PM in response to Axel Foley

Hi Axel,

thanks for that, I’ve tried the reset network settings, no avail, TikTok is a good test, as that works very intermittently, but also I have apps that work on wifi when I toggle mobile data off, using your method above, but at same time, other apps tell me there’s no internet, particularly you tube will only use mobile data. I’ve tried a complete factory reset, that got the wifi symbol on top right to appear, until it seemed to slow down installing apps, then it kept disappearing until I do a soft close, it just seems unable to hold onto he wifi, wherever I go, three places so far I’ve tried!

and I’ve tried the network reset as a slightly easier option.

not sure if it’s a WhatsApp problem as that started affecting my old phone, and I had to factory reset that and it regularly won’t connect until I turn wifi off, do you know how I can factory reset then manually load apps on one at a time so I can test this theory.

of course it could be a iPhone 11 problem as here are lots of people asking same thing as me around the world

thanks again for your help, at least now I know where the control screen is on the new iOS so that helps me at least get half of my apps on a work around so I can at least use my new phone, just not TikTok or you tube sadly as they use too much mobile data for my contract.

cheers

How do I find the control centre in iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.